My thoughts on Hebrews 11:6

Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him.”

Growing up in a culture where you work for what you get I never understood that it had nothing to do with what we did or ever will do, but who we placed our faith in before and while doing those things. It seems that the words grace and faith are extremely connected. We have faith by grace. Works are nothing, absolutely nothing, apart from faith in Jesus Christ. This verse is very comforting to me because God isn't asking us to produce enough faith to heal the sick or move mountains, we simply just have to believe that He exists and that there is a reward in store for those who seek Him. To me this means that when I place my faith in God or seek God He will do things through me that please Him. This means that I cannot please Him on my own. I cannot work to please Him. The only thing I can do is have faith. That is all God asks of me. He says “Reagan, believe I exist and I will work through you.”


Application: Everyday for seven days I will write down a promise of God in my journal that reminds me that it is His power who works through me, not me trying to work through myself.

Comments

Popular Posts