My thoughts on Mark 10:47

Mark 10:47-49 “And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” And many rebuked him telling him to be silent. But he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” And Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” And they called the blind man, saying to him, “Take heart, Get up, He is calling you.”

I am amazed at the faith of this blind beggar and the obvious knowledge he has of his neediness and the way he cries out to Jesus even when everyone tells him to stop. Are we like this blind beggar? Do we realize we are blind and extremely needy and call to Jesus? Do we do this even when the world tells us to be quiet? Our identity in Christ Jesus allows us to call upon the Savior of the world even when we are blind and broken. This blind beggar’s transformation is yet another picture of how Christ can and will transform us when we call on his name. He will clean us, He will help us see, and He will restore our soul if only we call out. The beggar did not make himself presentable or clean himself up before he called on Jesus. No, he recognized that he was blind and the only one who could help was Jesus and so he called. And Jesus answered. As promised in His Word, He will always answer.

Application: Everyday for the next three days I am going to read a story about how Jesus transformed the lives of people who were needy but had faith so that I can be reminded that I can come to Jesus in my need and I do not have to clean myself up for Him.


Comments

Popular Posts