My Thoughts on Ephesians 5:21

Ephesians 5:21 “Submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.”

You know, this verse hit me hard. It is easy when other people say things that you don’t agree with or advise you to do something that you don’t want to do to just shut them down and shut them out. I am guilty of this and often times I am very good at this. This verse makes it clear that we don’t submit to one another because we think their way is best or we agree with them, but we do submit because of the reverence we have for Christ. What a blow. It is not about me once again. This is a hit to my pride. Just today I had a moment where I shut down and shut someone out because I didn’t want to agree with someone, admit that I was wrong, or listen to what they had to say. I wanted to be right. I wanted them to see my side and only my side and I wanted them to admit that they were wrong and we could move on and I would supposedly feel victorious. Right? But I was wrong. One, because I was actually wrong. And two, because I wasn’t submitting out of reverence for Christ. Father, show me the way.


Application: I will make things right with this person and in the future I will submit out of reverence for Christ.

Comments

Popular Posts