My Thoughts on Philippians 4:11

Philippians 4:11 “Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.”

Whatever the circumstances God calls us to be content.  Paul says “I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Whats the secret to being content you ask? It is to recognize that we are weak. We can’t do it. Our flesh is selfish. It desires more and more and more, but when we recognize that we CAN do ALL things through Him who gives us strength then we can be content. We can be content in His strength, not our own. We can be content in plenty and in hunger because He is our strength. We can be content when we live in abundance or in need because He is God and He provides strength in our weakness. I can be content whether living in the states or in Guatemala because He is my strength. I can be content with wearing the same clothes over and over again and I can be content with the people I am surrounded with because God is my strength. I can be content with whatever is planned in my schedule because He strengthens me. In any and every situation I am content not because I muster up my own strength to be content, but because He is my strength. 


Application: Whenever I am faced with discontentment in the next week I will recite out loud the verse “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”

Comments

Popular Posts