My Thoughts on Psalm 17:15

Psalm 17:15 “As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.”

Right now God is taking me through a process of making all my head knowledge into real experienced faith in God. I have asked God a lot of questions and been frustrated when I don’t understand who God is or who I am. I want to know His love fully in my life. I want to understand grace and the cross and never forget the dirty sinner that I am and how much I have been forgiven from, but I do forget. I want to understand God’s plan for my life and why He brought me here and what these trials I am facing are preparing me for. I desire to know why God works the way He does like why He feels so far away at times when I seem to be seeking Him the most? Why I don’t understand His love, but I am so good at understanding His commands? Why can’t I remember that I am a sinner and am in need of His grace? I was talking to Haley the other day and I was able to be honest and tell her that I often struggle with trusting God. Haley showed me is that David wrestled with these things too. David often did not understand God’s ways and he asked so many questions, but one thing he did was finish all of his psalms by praising a God that he didn’t understand. Like David, I do not have all the answers, but I choose to praise God even in the midst of my confusion. I choose to say that I will be satisfied with His likeness. 


Application: I will pray Ephesians 3:17- 20 over my time at Ignite and know that God will answer my questions in his time. 

Comments

Popular Posts