My Thoughts on Revelation 1:9

Revelation 1:9 “I, John your brother and partner in the tribulation and the kingdom and the patient endurance that are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos on account of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.”

I love how John was able to say with confidence that he was on the island called Patmos on account of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. He knew for a fact that the only reason he was in the place he was in life was because God put him there. I yearn for that. I yearn to know Jesus so well that I could hear His voice even so far as being led to Patmos. Jesus says that His sheep hear His voice. Honestly I am struggling. I am still holding on to dreams I have for my life. I am afraid. I don’t want God to lead me into too deep waters. I still yearn to have a grasp on comfort. I don’t know how to get rid of these selfish ways in me. I know that God’s plans for me are way better than anything I could think of for myself, but in my heart I don’t really believe it. Why is it so hard to let go of things that I don’t even want to keep in my hands. I wish to be fully surrendered, but how? Serving two masters is exhausting. I want to be fully devoted to God and wherever He calls me. Somehow I think that living for Jesus is going to make me miserable, but I know to much now to ever be comfortable in comfort and I would rather be miserable with the joy of the Lord than be miserable and hopeless in comfort.


Application: Every time in the next day that I begin to doubt I will recite the verse aloud “Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think according to the power at work within us.”

Comments

Popular Posts