My Thoughts on 1 Peter 4:7

1 Peter 4:7 “The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers.”

It kind of, in an earthly way, feel like the end of things is at hand. This training phase of Ignite has been radical and life-changing, but we are about to move on to the next phase, the next season of our lives. This season is a season of ministry, of pouring out. The end of having our class of 29 together is drawing near. It will be the end of class time and being told exactly where to be and when. We will need to step out and form habits and discipline on our own. We will be applying so much of what we have learned in the past 3 months. In a lot of ways it seems I can relate, in an earthly way, to the first phrase of this verse. I am then told to have self-control and be sober-minded for the sake of my prayers. Honestly, I don’t understand what this means, but the passage goes on to talk about how we should be serving one another in these last days. That really hit home. There are a lot of staff and my fellow interns here whom I have to say goodbye to, but in these last 9 days of being together am I loving them earnestly? Am I showing hospitality without grumbling? Am I serving them with my gifts? Am I doing all this to glorify God or to create a legacy for myself? 


Application: I will put these questions on the desktop of my laptop and I will ask myself them everyday until we leave this place so that I am challenged to serve others in the last days here.

Comments

Popular Posts