My Thoughts on John 12:26

John 12:26 “Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.”

I think a great example of how to serve God is what Austin recently talked to us about: dying to self. In verse twenty-four of John twelve it says “But if it dies, it produces many seeds.” This hit me very hard. Jesus is saying that when we die to ourselves and surrender to the work Jesus wants to do in us we will produce many seeds! What a motivation! Our dying to self is not in vain. Saying no to our selfish wants and desires to serve Jesus and be with him is worth it because it WILL produces many seeds. But even greater is the promise God gives us in the passage above that wherever God is there His servant is also. While we serve, while we die to self, there God is with us honoring us by bearing many seeds in us. The most comforting thing in life is that while yes, God calls us to hard places, He also does stick by our side. He is with us always. I think that a lot of times I just want to see results. I want to see those seeds that will bear fruit. I want evidence that I am making a difference or at least that my heart is changing and in my frustration God just reminds me that He is with me. I am learning to focus on His presence and not the results. 


Application: Today I will pray and thank the Lord for His presence while I am sick instead of just praying that I would get better. 

Comments

Popular Posts