My Thoughts On John 15:15

John 15:15 “No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.”

Wow. This is an amazing verse. We have the privilege of no longer just being servants of Jesus, but being his friend. I am a friend of Jesus. He calls us friends because all that He has heard from the Father He has made known to us. We get the inside scoop because we are His friends. I struggle sometimes with looking at God like He is my friend. I look at Him like He is Santa Clause sometimes or I look at Him like He has come to destroy my life how I like it. I view Him to loftily at times or I view Him as weak and easily swayed. I go back and forth, but very few times do I really talk my heart out to Him like He is my friend. Very few times do I just tell Him about my day or what I am really feeling. I go to my friends and do that and then I go to God and give Him the one sentence conclusion I found. He wants me to speak my mind to him! He knows me inside and out and loves me and somehow I refuse to still give Him my heart when I pray. I give Him the dressed up version. He doesn’t want that. He wants me to cast ALL MY CARES on Him. This is a really good reminder for me right now because I have been struggling with praying and knowing that I need to spend more time in prayer in the morning and just prayers throughout the day. I have been living a lot of my days lately on my own strength. God I want to really be honest in my prayers to you because I know that only then will I see answers. 


Application: For the next three days I will pray with honesty and openness just pouring my cares out to God for five minutes before I read my Bible.

Comments

Popular Posts