My Thoughts On Philippians 3:10

Philippians 3:10 “That I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like Him in His death.”

Before I came to Ignite I never really understood what this verse meant. Growing up, I kind of had a legalistic mindset. I understood the concept “You work for what you get” very well. When I realized what God’s grace was I counteracted that legalism by labeling everything God’s grace. I didn’t really understand the balance of the two before I came to Ignite. I do very much lean towards God’s grace still and I very much put the emphasis on what God does in our hearts, not what we do, but there is a certain obedience that God requires of us. Jesus died a horrible death on the cross and He has said “It is finished.” This means that I no longer am in bondage to sin! But in order to have the resurrection life we, too, have to die a certain death. This death is not physical, but it is a death to self. This is probably one of the biggest lessons Ignite is teaching me. I must die for Christ to live in me! Two people can’t live in the same body and have it function properly. God is emptying me of myself so that He can fill me and give me the power of His resurrection! God sent His Son to die so that He can grab a hold of our lives and give us His life. I know what this dying to self feels like and I know it will continue until the end of my days here on earth, but I am still learning what His power can do through me! Often times I forget that I have the power of a resurrection-God living inside of me and I fail to do things under His power. God, help me not forget the power that I have through you.


Application: Today I will pray for strength before every meal so that I continue to recognize my need for God and His strength.

Comments

Popular Posts