My Thoughts On Philippians 3:8

Philippians 3:8 “Indeed I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ.”

This verse seems to accurately describe my life here in the Ignite program. Before I came here I lived my life for myself with Jesus on the side. I loved God, but loved myself more. I planned out my life and rarely consulted the One who made me. When I arrived at Ignite God wrecked my life and it upset me honestly. I cried out to God in anger. I didn’t want to be a Christian if God was going to wreck my plans and wreck my life, and that is when I really began to know God. I began to know Him as a friend. When God wrecked my life it was painful, very painful, but like Paul, I can say it is worth it because I have gained Christ and the fullness of life that comes from serving Him. God doesn’t just stop at wrecking our lives He is there to be our Comforter and fill us with himself after He has emptied us of ourselves. He never leaves us empty. Today I can honestly say that I want Jesus. I don’t want to go anywhere that Jesus hasn’t called me. I count the gain of Christ way worth the loss of all these things. It took the loss of those things in my life to reveal the great gain of knowing Jesus Christ my Lord. 


Application: I will write down 5 ways in which Jesus emptied me of something and filled me with something else in the past 9 weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts