My Thoughts On Proverbs 12:1

Proverbs 12:1 “Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.”

I honestly am stupid according to this verse. I am learning to see the good in discipline and reproof, but this is something God is slowly teaching me. Like I have mentioned in previous posts I struggle with it because I take it very personally and I take it to heart. I am hard on myself and then I start feeling condemned and pointing fingers at other people in my place of hurt. To say that I love discipline would be a stretch if I ever heard one, but I know that is a place that God will be faithful to take me. It says in the Bible that God and people in our lives discipline us only because they love us. Discipline is, again, because they see a greater vision for our lives. People see potential and desire that we live up to our greatest potential so why do I kick back so hard when I am reproved or disciplined? I feel like this week we have, as a class, been a part of quite a few talks where we were shown our selfish ways and what we were doing wrong and so this week I feel as though I am learning more than ever what the right response to these conversations should be. God is creating in me a want for change and change only comes with discipline. Austin reminded us a couple of days ago that he is giving us what we signed up for: change. We prayed before we came here that we wanted to change our ways and go away from this place different people and he feels the weight of those prayers. He is just simply giving us what we came here for and he knows that most times the only way that change happens is through discipline whether by man or God. 


Application: I will ask Alyssa what is one area I can work on in my life or what my greatest weakness is. I want to know where others see I could change for the better. 

Comments

Popular Posts