My Thoughts On Psalm 46:1-7

Psalm 46:1-7 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.”

God gave me this verse one of the first days I was back in Guatemala for field time and I have begun to pray this verse over the next 6 months as a theme verse. I love the way these verses show where peace really comes from. The world is quite literally falling apart in these seven verses, but GOD IS IN THE MIDST OF HER AND SHE SHALL NOT BE MOVED. That is the cry of my heart. I don’t want to be moved by the world and it’s mess. I want the presence of God to so evidently surround me that when I hear news of my world falling apart I can trust that God has a plan. Yes, even this hasn’t slipped through His fingers. I want to remain stable and steadfast in the midst of a God who is trustworthy; who isn’t surprised by the events of my life, but sees the big picture. I want to build my life on the solid rock. A rock that cannot be moved so therefore I am not moved. I am secure. It doesn’t matter if the nations are raging or the kingdoms tottering I know that MY GOD has a voice that melts the earth. He ALSO has an army of angels that guard and protect me. Yes, even this will bring Him glory and will make me more like Him. Trust. Let go. You will not be moved. God will help me tomorrow morning too. Every morning He is here. He is helping. He is planting me on His solid rock so that whatever the events of the day I can breathe peacefully knowing that HE IS IN CONTROL.


Application: Every morning for the next week I will pray these verses over my day. I will pray for my life to be built upon that solid rock and I will pray for trust in God so that I will not be moved.

Comments

Popular Posts