My Thoughts on Acts 17:28

Acts 17:28 “For in Him we live and move and have our being.”

Lately I have been learning a lot about the sovereignty of God. He is ever-present in our lives and I heard it recently said: He weaves our little life threads into His grand story. It is not about us. Our lives are being molded and shaped into what He wants for us and no circumstance or situation can ever ever ever overpower that truth. EVERYTHING in our lives He uses for good. in Romans 8 it says “All things work together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” So many times I have moments where I freak out or worry about something that has happened. In those moments I am forgetting that there is a sovereign God who is not only in Heaven, but walking with me right now and somehow I think He has forgotten about me. I think He has fallen asleep at the wheel or let this slip through His fingers. In the past few weeks though God seems to be bringing me back to this truth every time: only in Him do I live and move and have my being. There is nothing in my life that falls in the category of “outside of God” or “too big for God.” It is all in Him and through Him and so I can have peace knowing He is in complete control and I can continue living and moving and having my being in Him. In Him I am in the center of His will. What a freeing truth.


Application: I will ask 3 other people over the next few days to tell me of a time in their lives when they saw God’s complete sovereignty. 

Comments

Popular Posts