My Thoughts On Ecclesiastes 3:11

Ecclesiastes 3:11 “He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.”

Right now I am going through different seasons. As it says in Ecclesiastes 3: “for everything there is a season.” It is very easy for me to get caught up in seasons. It is easy for me to get caught up in wanting to change. When I left for Guatemala almost 6 months ago I was pursuing the Lord and what He had for me and through that I wanted to change. There are seasons now where I get up and do my devotions and have a wonderful day and that doesn’t satisfy me because I feel stagnant. There are days where God reveals every part of my selfish heart to me and I am sad and upset and wondering why I haven’t changed. But you know, I don’t think God’s point for me living in Guatemala was to get wrapped up in change because it says here “He has made everything beautiful in its time.” Growing in Christ is a slow and quite painful process sometimes. I remember one class in training Austin gave us on “growing pains.” Growing pains mean we are in the process of sanctification. They bring forth growth and then they pass, but we can’t seem to stop wondering why we can’t change faster. We want an overnight God transforming moment, but that is often times not how God works. He sent His Son to die on the cross. Crucifixion is a slow, painful death and it cannot be sped up, but it is a sure death. What a picture of sanctification for us. BUT This struggle is a good struggle because we long to please Christ. It is not a struggle of Christ’s absence in our lives, but rather His presence, but it is hard because I am impatient. There is nothing I can do, but fix my eyes on Jesus. He never called me to work at my own sanctification. That is His job. Will I let Him make me beautiful in His time?


Application: This week I am going to pray for each one of my teammates every single day.

Comments

Popular Posts