My Thoughts On Psalms 130:5-6

Psalm 130:5-6 “I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning.”

My hope is often times not placed in the Lord, but in other things. These other things could be promises from the Lord, future plans, people, a title, and so on. I wait on things. I wait on people and places and titles. But the Lord? Do I wait for the Lord? I have been learning and re-learning this over the past few months. It is not bad to plan. The Lord wants us to have plans for our life, but ultimately the Lord directs my steps. In reality, waiting on those plans is a false hope, but waiting on the Lord is a sure hope. Hope that He will move and He will act and He will guide our steps. In the following Psalm it says “O Lord, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. But I have calmed and quieted my soul.” Now is the time for me to calm and quiet my soul. Now is the time to lean back against my Father’s heart. Now is the time to hear His heartbeat. His heartbeat is simple: People need salvation. My call is simple: People need salvation. Where ever I am. What ever my occupation is: People need salvation. PUT YOUR HOPE IN THAT SALVATION and God will allow you to share it with others so that they will too. My plans may or may not happen, but HEAVEN WILL. It will happen and that sad reality is that Hell will happen too. Am I following His heartbeat? Am I putting my hope in Him or in something else? Am I recognizing that I have the key to eternity with JESUS? Am I doing anything about it?


Application: Everyday for the next week I will write down a new verse about hope as a reminder to where my hope is found and as a reminder to bring that hope to others. 

Comments

Popular Posts