My Thoughts on Ecclesiastes 3:11


Ecclesiastes 3:11 “He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.”

I feel that eternity in my heart. I know its there because I long for something more, something greater. The Lord’s presence is the only thing that truly satisfies and even that gives me a longing for more. It gives me a longing to sit at Jesus’ feet in eternity. Some days I am down. Some days I am just sad and want a different life, but when I think about any other life none of it sounds fulfilling. Thats when I realize that this world will never satisfy. Everything will leave me longing for more. There are moments where I sit in the presence of the Lord and long for Him to take me off this dry and empty earth. I long for Him to take me from this life which often seems so painfully hard it is mundane. I long to be in Heaven where Jesus is. I long to be in His arms. I long to feel the embrace of home. I have written on this verse previously, but in a different light. I often turn to Ecclesiastes when life is not turning out as it was cracked up to be. It seems the more and more I live and know the Lord the more and more I am grateful that there is an end to all this. There is a place that we can call HOME. There is a God who satisfies all our longings and someday we will get all of Him. It seems that here on this earth we only get but a taste. Sometimes things feel hopeless or life feels bland. Sometimes love feels empty, but maybe we are looking at ourselves. Maybe we are looking at our situation or circumstances. I know I often do. But while I am looking through the viewfinder and focusing my camera on the fact that most days look like the one before it or I focus on the annoying things other people do or the fact that no where feels like home anymore or when I miss living in PA. When I am focusing my viewfinder on all those other things, Jesus is in the background and He is all blurred out. Sometimes we need to readjust our focus. Focus on Jesus. Focus on eternity. Focus on Heaven. Someday I will be home. 

Application: When I am feeling down this next week I want to refocus my camera on Jesus. I want to remember that He is the point of all this and that I am not home yet, but I have the hope that someday I will be.

Comments

Popular Posts