My Thoughts On Psalm 119:37


Psalm 119:37 “Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways.”

I ran across this verse today in a morning where the Lord revealed to me that I am losing my focus. I have spent way too much time lately looking at myself and how I feel and what I want. Yesterday I was just frustrated at people and I had an attitude and I didn’t really even want to be happy, but I sat down and talked to the Lord. The beautiful thing about the Lord is that He loves us too much to leave us how He found us. I walked away from that conversation with the Lord still having an attitude, but ready for the Lord to change it. I was ready to stop looking at myself and for the first time in what felt like a long time I just gave my day to the Lord because I knew I couldn’t do it. I felt sick and I felt upset and I was wandering a path that wasn’t His. What a beautiful thing it is to give your day to the Lord because yesterday I had one of the best days I had in awhile. I had no expectations because my day was the Lord’s. Today I am just realizing how blurry my focus has been. I am ready to seek the Lord with my whole heart. I am ready to walk in His pure way for me. I am ready to walk according to His word. I am tired of giving Him 50% I want my whole heart in this. God when did I stop looking at you? Fix my gaze back on the One who gives life. Turn my eyes from worthless things Lord. Give me life in YOUR ways. 

Application: Whenever I feel my selfish desires rising up in me in this next week I want to recognize that I am looking at myself, not to God. In each of those moments I want to pray that God would give me the strength to look to Him and that I would find life in His ways. I want to dedicate each day to the Lord. 

Comments

Popular Posts