My Thoughts on 2 Corinthians 1:9-10


2 Corinthians 1:9-10 “Indeed we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. He delivered us from such a deadly peril and He will deliver us . On Him we have set our hope that He will deliver us again.”

It is a weird season here in Guatemala because the end is so near. There are a lot of emotions that come with leaving a place that now feels like home. There are also a lot of emotions that come with leaving people who have made you feel at home. I am in this state of comfortability. I am happy with the life I have here and I am not ready to go because I am not ready to be uncomfortable, but uncomfortability brings change and growth. There are some things that excite me about the next season, but when it comes down to it right now I am comfortable being fine, but praise the Lord that He doesn’t just leave us at “fine” and He moves in our hearts and through change and uncomfortability He brings us closer to His heart, which is exactly where we wanted to be all along. Anyways, this verse may seem a little dramatic for this situation, but I thought it brought some spiritual truth into my life. I feel like my comfort is receiving a death sentence, once again, but in the end any kind of change, struggle, or hardship do have one purpose. That purpose is to make us realize, once again, how weak we really are and to see our need for God. These struggles are so that we rely upon the Lord! The Lord doesn’t ask that we fix our struggles, but that we fix our eyes on Him. Most of the time we are too busy dragging our feet or looking for a way out that we don’t take the time to look to HIM. I know that in my life already the Lord has delivered me time and time again from struggles and hardships and I must trust that HE WILL DO IT AGAIN. Because He will. My hope is not in myself, but in the Lord, who indeed is trustworthy. He will deliver us again, but delivering us does not always mean He will deliver us out of the circumstances we are facing, but it does mean He will deliver us into His hand, and His hand is the best place to be.

Application: In these next couple weeks, instead of looking for some way to get out of the circumstances that I am, I will look to the Lord and pray for help from Him that I may be delivered into His hand.

Comments

Popular Posts