My Thoughts on 1 Corinthians 12:14-15

1 Corinthians 12:14-15 “For the body does not consist of one body but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body.”

We are one body in Christ. This means that we are to function as a body. We are supposed to move and flow and work in unity. Each part has a different job and they are to perform that job to the best of their ability. They are not do be any other part, but only the part they are created to be. I think thats the part I struggle with the most. I long to be something I am not. I want to impress others and be more. I wish I was good at music. I tried for so long to be good at music. I  play the piano and the guitar, but neither of them I was passionate about. My heart was not in it. I was only doing it for the status. I long to perform jobs in the body that I was not created for and it makes the body un-unified and messed up. If only I would recognize my God-given power to perform the job I was made to do then I would be useful. God wants to use us in a unique and powerful way, but we remain useless as long as we want to pick and choose what we do. Often times God has placed a passion in our hearts for the things He has called us to do, my prayer is that He would continue to awaken those passions.


Application: I know that God has given me a passion for photography so when I can in the next week I will pull out my camera and use it to the glory of God.

Comments

Popular Posts