My Thoughts On 1 Corinthians 9:22

1 Corinthians 9:22 “To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some.”

In a previous verse Paul says “For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them.” and later he states “I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings.” This servanthood amazes me. Paul becomes all things to all people just to spread the gospel and win more souls. Honestly, I do not do that. I think that the reason why Paul was able to do this was because he realized that his life was not his own. Wherever God called him to go or whatever God asked him to be he was up for the task because he saw the eternal meaning behind all of it. Even as a so-called “missionary” here in Guatemala I still often cling to my rights. I want my voice to be heard and I want to be noticed, but, like Austin taught about today, quite frankly our lives are not our own. Dead men have no rights. They can’t talk. Our we dying to self in order that Christ can live in our bodies? Are we dying so that Christ can have his way in our lives? Are we doing this with an eternal perspective: so that others might be saved? 


Application: Today I will serve whole heartedly however I am asked knowing that Christ can live through me when I am dying to my selfish desires.

Comments

Popular Posts