My Thoughts on 1 Timothy 6:6-8

1 Timothy 6:6-8 “But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world, but if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.”

Contentment. I went through a distinct phase in my life where God began to teach me the meaning of this word. I was working a job that I really disliked. Every time I went to work it was like a spiritual battle. I felt purposeless. Every minute passed was a minute closer to punching out and heading home. But yet I slowly began to realize that this season had distinct God-given purpose. Often times in the purposeless or mundane we miss God because we are looking for the next season, the next turn, or the next job in my case. Thats when I realized I was missing it. If I cannot be content in the season I am in then I will never be content. Contentment isn’t for tomorrow. It is for today. Contentment isn’t for when we get a better job, get married, or have lots of money. Again, it is for today. If I can’t love the season I am in I will never love the next season. It may sound like I have this all figured out, but I want you to know that I don’t. When I got here it was one of the first things I was confronted with. I desired to either go back home to my old life or fast forward to going home after Ignite. It didn’t matter as long as I was home. Then I remembered once again that contentment is for today. I know that I miss God right here when I dwell in my discontentment, but it is a daily struggle to not dwell there.


Application: Everyday for the next week I will write down 10 things that I am grateful for.

Comments

Popular Posts