My Thoughts on Hebrews 13:17

Hebrews 13:17 “Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.”

My leaders are watching over my soul and will have to give an account to God someday. This is a scary thought both for them and for me. I have rebelled against leadership, talked back to my teachers, screamed at my parents, and the list could go on and on. There have been many times in my life where I did not respect the authority God had placed in my life. I never looked at them as soul-watchers and I refused to listen to them. I often forgot that they were human too and expected perfection from all authority. Even since I have come to Ignite there have been times where I did not understand and I wanted to rebel against the authority put in place, but it says in this verse that it “would be of no advantage to you.” Like I talked about last time, God asks us to obey and submit not because He wants us to suffer, but He wants us to succeed! Obeying authority doesn’t come naturally, but we will learn that life is the most satisfying when we follow the design that God set up.


Application: For the next two days I will not ask questions when an authority asks me to do something, but instead I will obey knowing that God placed them in charge of me to watch over my soul

Comments

Popular Posts