My Thoughts on Hebrews 13:5

Hebrews 13:5 “Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

I guess what this verse is saying is the cliche thing that we have heard in church one thousand times: God is enough. You do not need anything else! You shouldn't be jealous of what others have because you have God. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Thats all we need right? But we don’t believe it. I will be the first one to say that I don’t believe it. Lately I have been challenged with a lot of things I know to be true and have always known to be true. I would have always told you that I believed them because thats the good Christian answer, but I have never lived like God is enough. I have never let Him have control of my life because I never actually believed that He would be enough. Enough literally means “As much or as many as required.” Lets be honest. Do we really believe that God will meet all that is required in our lives. Do we really believe that God will meet our every need and meet that need fully? Quite honestly, I don’t. Most people probably wince when they here that, but I know that God can handle my honesty because He knows all my thoughts already and one thing that I am thankful for is the fact that God is still God no matter how little my faith. Right now I don’t have the answers, but I am confident that in my honesty God will show me who He is.


Application: I will write down 5 ways in which I feel that God is not enough and let Him work to show me how He is INDEED enough in those areas.

Comments

Popular Posts