My Thoughts on Hebrews 6:12

Hebrews 6:12 “So that you may not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”

When reading this verse I immediately think of the people of the faith chapter in Hebrews 11. One of these people is Abraham and I think I can relate with him a little bit. Not that I have as much faith as Abraham or as strong of a relationship with God, but there is one thing we have in common. Hebrews 11:8 says “By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going.” I knew the physical location God was taking me when He brought me here, but I had no idea of where He would take me spiritually. I would be lying if I told you that I enjoyed every part of this spiritual journey that God has taken me on these past few weeks. Honestly, there were moments that I cried out to the Lord in anger telling Him that I didn’t sign up for this when I became a Christian. I didn’t know that following the Lord was so incredibly sucky at times. I informed God that I wanted to live a comfortable life and now that was ruined, and I am here to tell you that God meets you where you are at. Death to self never feels good, but it is the only way Christ can live in us. Every day Jesus takes me deeper and its painful and its hard, but I wouldn't trade it for the world because every time that I decrease, He increases. He increases my faith. He increases my joy. He increases my peace. 


Application: I want to grab hold of a new perspective and for the next day instead of focusing on the bad I want to focus on the good. I will do my best to not complain or say anything negative. 

Comments

Popular Posts