My Thoughts On 1 John 4:18

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

This verse has been coming to mind a lot lately. Probably because I have fear. To be honest I am afraid of going home. Sometimes it scares me to death to think of leaving this wonderful family the Lord has given me here. Sometimes the thought of living in the real world again makes me want to cry. But PERFECT LOVE CASTS OUT ALL FEAR. I am not resting in His perfect love. The moment I realize that I can breath easy. Because His love is trustworthy. His love is good. His love is forever. His love is not just for those who are on the mission field. It is not just for me as I live in Guatemala and serve children. His love is not in short-supply. His love protects. It welcomes. Recently I have been forced to think about the future in a time where I would much rather not. In a time where the future seems scary enough that I avoid it. BUT His love is there too. His love is unending. His love is the same in PA as it is here. I need not be afraid. Because HIS LOVE is PERFECT. Without a flaw. It wants the best for me. Wants to flow out of me. Lord let your perfect love cast out all my fear. Take my fear. Give me trust. Help me to walk with courage.


Application: When fear creeps into my heart I will say this verse out loud.

Comments

Popular Posts