My Thoughts on Luke 21:19

Luke 21:19 “By your endurance you will gain your lives.”

When we put Luke 21:19 in context it is speaking about the persecution of Christians. It says “some of you they will put to death.” Honestly I cannot relate to the extremity of the persecution this passage is talking about. I grew up with godly parents who took me to church and sent me to a Christian school and there has been very few times in my life where it was not cool to be a Christian, but the endurance that you need in the heat of persecution that might take your life is the same endurance that you need in the everyday. The daily grind takes endurance. Living in Guatemala away from my family and friends and the life that I once loved takes endurance. Waking up every morning and thanking God for a new day takes endurance. Even just this simple thing of doing my bible study takes endurance, but the Bible says that by this you will gain your lives. Just 10 minutes ago I was having a conversation with Brittany and she told me that one of the greatest lessons God taught her was that life with God is a daily choice. We as Christians want God to bam pow transform us, but often times God doesn’t work like that. He works in a daily persistent pursuit of our hearts. Just like Naaman in the Bible we are too wrapped up in the mindset that God is going to do a fancy miracle in our lives for us to simply wash in the Jordan and be clean. We will gain true life if only we endure in the daily. 


Application: Today I will write 5 different things at breakfast, lunch and dinner that I am thankful for today so that I can recognize the good in today continue to endure. 

Comments

Popular Posts