My Thoughts on Luke 3:14

Luke 3:14 “Soldiers also asked Him “And we, what shall we do?” And He said to them “Do not extort money from anyone by threats or by false accusations and be content with your wages.”

In Luke three Jesus commands the crowds to bear good fruit and if they do not bear good fruit an axe will cut that unfruitful tree to the ground. In response the crowds, tax collectors, and soldiers asked Him, “What shall we do?” And to each group of people Jesus gives very practical advice. To the crowds He commanded them to share, to the tax collectors His advice was to collect no more money then they have to, and to the soldiers He said to use their authority wisely and be content with what they are paid. I wonder what Jesus would say to me if I, an Ignite student, were to ask Him “Jesus, what shall I do?” I wonder if He would remind me to make the most of the moments I have here in Guatemala because they are few. I bet He would tell me that it is okay to be broken because thats where He shines through me most. I know that He would say (as He has time and time again) that He is holding all those people I love back in PA in his hands and that I don’t have to worry. I am sure He would kindly remind me that my fear is only hurting me. I think He would tell me in the most loving voice to open my eyes, take a good look around, and be thankful for all of the blessings He has put in front of me. I don’t know what all Jesus would say, but I can take a guess. Right now I can rest in the mystery of His love and grace and live practically right where I am.


Application: Today I will write down five verses where God tells me what He wants me to do right here and now.

Comments

Popular Posts