My Thoughts On Philippians 3:11


Philippians 3:11 “That by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.”

My first thought when I read this verse is that when Paul mentions the “resurrection from the dead” he means inheriting Heaven, and maybe that is what he means, but I know that we can have resurrection from the dead here on earth too. I desire to be revived. I want life brought back into the everyday. When I think of LIFE I think of God and all that He gives: joy, peace, love, kindness, faithfulness, and so on. When I think of RESURRECTION I think of the Easter story and an empty tomb. God wants to take us from that place of death and He wants to fill us with that breath of life, and I don’t mean just for the people who aren’t saved. I mean that every single day God wants to breath life into my day. He wants to put life in my heart. I confess that a lot of days I hang out in that tomb where I was buried when I died and I live a life of death. I live a life by my own accord and in my flesh (which is dead in Christ.) I hang out in that tomb because somehow it sounds more appealing than stepping out into the sunshine. When Jesus walked out of that tomb first of all He was a changed person. People did not recognize Him. Second of all, He was immediately telling people about His new life and who He was. Third, Jesus never walked back in that tomb thinking that the tomb had something to offer Him. Let Him be our example. 


Application: Today when I find myself going back to that empty tomb, that place of death I will quote Philippians 3:11 “That by any means possible I may attain resurrection from the dead” so that I recognize my desperate need for life.

Comments

Popular Posts