My Thoughts On 2 Timothy 2:2

2 Timothy 2:2 “And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.”

This makes me think of the ten days I will be spending at home in just a few days. Here I am told that I need to entrust what I have heard to faithful people, ones who will use it to teach others also. When I go home there will be some people who don’t care to hear what God has done in my life, there will be some that will pretend to care, and others who actually care. It is important that I pick and choose who I spill my heart out to because some don’t care to hear my heart. They are not the faithful men who will take it, let it impact them, and then teach others also. Instead they will probably doubt that it is true or think that I turned into some holier-than-thou person. I am to discern who God would have me share little and who God would have me share a lot with. It sounds an impossible task to explain what has happened in my life without having at least an hour to do it, but I trust that God will give me the words. 
This verse not only makes me think about entrusting others with the wisdom I have received, but it makes me think about those who have entrusted me with wisdom. Have I been trustworthy of that wisdom? Am I being faithful to teach others with what I have received? 


Application: When I go home I will pray for discernment before I spill out my heart to people.

Comments

Popular Posts