My Thoughts On Mark 4:10-12

Mark 4:10-11 “And when he was alone, those around him with the twelve asked him about the parables. And he said to them, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God, but for those outside everything is in parables.”

When Jesus was alone they asked Him questions and sought to understand the words He was saying. How often do I get alone with Jesus and ask Him questions seeking the source of the Word to understand the Word? I really don’t often ask God what His very own scriptures mean. I ask everyone else, but God. I ask at youth group or in church or I ask leaders here or my friends, but I can’t remember a time where I went straight to God. This is a sad realization. I honestly think that I do this because I think that God will not answer me or that His power isn’t big enough to hear my prayers and answer them in a way that reveals the meaning of the Scriptures, but this is so wrong. I have come to the realization that my problem as a Christian is that I view God as small so therefore I don’t have any faith. It makes sense, I don’t want to put my faith in something small that is powerless because it will FOR SURE let me down, no doubt about it, but when I take a step back and realize the character of the God that I am putting my faith in I realize how little faith it takes on my part. One of the biggest lessons I learned in Ignite was trust. I learned that I had to be honest and tell God I didn’t trust Him before He could come along and fix the problem. I am still learning this all the time. But through this I have seen God’s ability to give me trust in Him. He has shown me that He is trustable. I am not trusting in someone untrustworthy, but I have every reason in the world to give this man my trust. 


Application: For the next week as I read my Bible I will pray while I am reading that God would give me His understanding of the Scripture I am reading.

Comments

Popular Posts