My Thoughts On Proverbs 9:9

Proverbs 9:9 “Give instruction to a wise man, and he will still be wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.”

Wow. I must say I am not very wise or righteous. I have a very hard time taking instruction without being bitter and pointing fingers. I struggle telling other people that they are right and I am wrong. Reproof is discouraging for me because I want to be a good person and I don’t want to let people down. I don’t want people to see a bad side of me. I want them to see all the good I do and none of the bad. It is hard for me to let others in in such a way that they can correct me when I am wrong. Often times I have tunnel vision and my way is the highway. Anyone who knows me would probably know that I struggle with this. God, make me someone who can take instruction. I know this is an area where I could improve and I pray that God will remind me in times of reproof and instruction that they are only saying these things because they have a greater vision for my life. I don’t want to get upset and push them away, but I want to recognize the value in what they are telling me. The people around us often do hold the secrets to what would make us a better person or what would give us a better life, but often times we are to closed off to what other people have to say that we never receive that knowledge and we live our lives our own way which is never the best way. 


Application: In the future when people instruct or rebuke me I will thank them. 

Comments

Popular Posts