My Thoughts On Romans 8:20-21

Romans 8:20-21 “For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God.”

Nothing else satisfies. Jesus is the only answer. God was truly doing us a favor when He subjected this earth and everything on it to futility. Every time we turn to something else rather than God the satisfaction diminishes more and more. God created this world in that way in hope that we would search for something greater: Him. He wants to free us from the bondage and embrace the freedom we have been given in Him. Often times I don’t embrace the freedom. I run back to those things that don’t satisfy. Whether it be people or activities I tend to place my trust in other things rather than God. Something I have been learning lately is that even though those things may not be bad they are still things I run to rather than God. They are still places I put my trust in rather than God. Trust in God isn’t full until its all in Him. God has been showing this to me for a long time. The other day I wrote down this quote in my Bible: “To fully embrace Jesus there cannot be anything else in our hands.” This is true in a simple embrace. When I try to give someone a hug with a bunch of things in my hands it is awkward and hard, but when my hands are empty I can fully embrace. God is challenging me to empty my hands and just run and fully embrace with all I have because honestly the only satisfaction I will find in this world will be found in that embrace. 


Application: This week I will catch up on my Bible reading plan and use that time to just soak up His Word.

Comments

Popular Posts