My Thoughts On Jeremiah 17:9

Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick: who can understand it?”

This is a lesson I have learned and relearned since I entered the Ignite program. I am a prideful person and I don’t like to admit that because I’m proud. When I first came into Ignite God broke me and when I began to get back on my feet I had a heart of pride. I thought I had gotten somewhere and reached a new level. I thought that I was better than others. I compared my walk with God to other people’s. I am saying this in all honestly, not because it is fun for me to admit these things. There were some days, yes, where my eyes were focused on God, but many days are not our eyes often focused on ourselves? It is either: I did this. I accomplished that. Or I want this. Do it my way. I still have these evil tendencies today. A lesson God has been teaching me recently is that my heart is STILL indeed evil. We never reach a place where our hearts our good and it is smooth sailing and I can look at that as a blessing because if we did reach such a place we would stop needing a Savior. One way God is showing me this is that He has created me to be a leader but often times I don’t lead the proper way. I come in and take over. I am not a submissive leader. Things often have to be done my way. God is showing me that I need to consider other’s opinions and show love to others. I need to stop feeling pride in what I do and lift up others instead. My heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick, but when the Lord enters in He can put His heart in my place. Praise Him!


Application: Before I go into a situation I am going to recognize who is in charge and not take their position of leadership and instead follow their lead. 

Comments

Popular Posts