My Thoughts On Philippians 1:6

Philippians 1:6 “And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”

Sometimes I think that it is me who is required to bring my salvation to completion so I work and I strive and I seek change in my heart  and I don’t just let God do it all. I think that I have to produce change in myself or I have to make myself “closer” to God, but that is so wrong. My only job is to say “Here is my heart, Lord.” (Which is a lot harder than it sounds) but nothing more is required of me. NOTHING. I don’t have to have my life in order. I don’t have to read an hour of my Bible a day or pray for at least 30 min. I just have to give Him my heart. He doesn’t want anything more or anything less. He doesn’t care as much about what I do everyday as He does about the state of my heart. I am a hard-worker. I grew up in a culture where you worked for what you got. Grace wasn’t something I understood, but this verse gives me hope!! It is not about the hard frustrating work I put into my spiritual life- it is about the work HE PUTS IN and HE WILL FINISH IT. Thats not my job!! Praise the Lord. 


Application: Every morning this week I will pray and give God my heart once again. “Here is my heart, Lord.”

Comments

Popular Posts