My Thoughts On 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”

Lately I have been struggling with love. All of my life I did service with my body but rarely with my heart. The problem with this is that the service I do is not motivated by love and therefore, as it says in 1 Corinthians 13, it is nothing. I can move mountains and speak in tongues but if I don’t love its pointless. I can wash the dishes four times a day and make every one of my roommates beds and plan kid’s camps and get things done, but if it all is just a checklist then its worth nothing. God doesn’t want my checklist completed He wants my heart so He can give me His love for the world around me. He doesn’t want my service if it is not from the heart. I have been realizing lately that my heart most times doesn’t naturally serve. It is selfish. I want my time and my things and my space and i do not naturally think of others first, but the most satisfying thing is when I let go of myself and realize that my life is to serve God and others. It never was about me and what I want. When I realize that washing dishes and planning kids camps really isn’t bad, but when it is a checklist and it is all about getting it done there is no joy in it. I don’t leave room for God to come in and interceded in my “tasks” mindset. I pray for this love from God that I can do service not just with my body, but with my heart. That I could be patient and kind with others. I pray that God give me a love that doesn’t insist my own way. That I wouldn’t be constantly irritated. I pray for His love in my heart because His love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. GOD GIVE ME YOUR LOVE.


Application: Every time I get in an irritated mood this next week I will take a moment, take a breath and pray for God’s love for the people around me.

Comments

Popular Posts