My Thoughts On Ezekiel 20:33

Ezekiel 20:33 “As I live, declares the Lord, surely with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with wrath poured out I will be king over you.”

I cannot remember the last time I read through Ezekiel, but as I have been reading through the Bible during my year commitment to Pottersfield this past week I found myself in Ezekiel and I have been reading chapter after chapter of God’s grace and His constant pursuit of His children.  God deals with His children for HIS NAME’S SAKE. He wants to MANIFEST HIS HOLINESS AMONG US and His ultimate goal is for us TO KNOW THAT HE IS LORD. He WILL be our king. He WILL rule over our hearts. His love is a jealous love. He wants us all. for HIS glory. for HIS name. to manifest HIS holiness among us. There is no other reason. We think life is hard and there are difficulties and all is in vain, but it is only God dealing with us so that we turn to Him. He isn’t punishing us. He isn’t teasing us. He doesn’t hate us. He is simply in pursuit of your heart. What a beautiful thing. Over and over again in Ezekiel God tells Israel that His wrath will come upon them because of their disobedience, but in the next sentence He pleads with them to turn back to Him and experience His grace and not His wrath. In this verse, Ezekiel 20:33, His grace and righteous anger are so evident. He doesn’t give His heart to us in pieces and I pray that I don’t give my heart to Him in pieces either for He WILL be king over me.


Application: I will write down past circumstances in which I can see now that God was in pursuit of my heart, but at the time it looked devastating. 

Comments

Popular Posts