My Thoughts On Matthew 6:34

Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”


Last night all five girls in our room sat in a circle and there were struggles and we sat and talked it out and I just realized how much I take this life for granted. Someday I am not going to have four sisters that I see 24/7 to talk about my struggles with. I am not going to have two brothers who come to our room every night and give us hugs. We are not going to be able to circle up and pray every night as a team. I'm not going to have people sleeping in beds next to me to keep me accountable for getting up at 5:45 in the morning or constant workout partners. I'm not going to have a whole group of people to jam to music while we wash the dishes after dinner. We won't have our Thursday nights where we all make popcorn & watch a movie outdoors. I won't have random worship nights or people to encourage me to stop wearing makeup. I won't have a whole team of people to share what I am learning with and them share with me. I won't have these people who look me straight in the eye and tell me what I need to hear. I will never have the same 17 people living in the same house as me ever again. These are all little things, yes, but things I do not think I realize how much I will miss. God gave me this beautiful life and I am in no way promised tomorrow, but sometimes I spend my days still gazing at a day I am not promised. I have been challenged lately to ask the question "What can I do to serve you today Lord?" Because so often I ask about tomorrow. "Lord what do you want me to do with my life?" But I am not called to worry about tomorrow much less four months from now or a year. He wants me to focus on today. And how can I possibly do today well if I am already trying to live tomorrow?

Application: Over the next week every morning I will write down 5 things that I am thankful for here.

Comments

Popular Posts