My Thoughts On Psalm 112:6-8

Psalm 112:6-8
For the righteous will never be moved;
He will be remembered forever.
He is not afraid of bad news;
His heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.
His heart is steady, he will not be afraid.

Honestly this verse doesn't describe me. I can put on a front of "not being moved," but most times my heart is moved. It is not steadfast in the Lord. This past week was a difficult one with the finishing of school prep & then I had horrible stomach pain and found out that I had parasites in my stomach. I have been in bed a lot: going to bed early & sleeping in. My devotions time these past couple days has been little to nothing and all because of circumstances. I have also gone through a lot of emotions about the thought of home lately. I am scared of what is to come & I'm terrified of living a life that is unfulfilling. Is my heart firm? Is it trusting in the Lord? Is my heart steady? Is it not afraid? Just looking at this past week I would have to answer "no" to most of these questions. Because in this last week things have moved me, I have been afraid, and no I have not stood firm and trusted in the Lord and his strength. Right now I am believing lies that He is not big enough, good enough, or strong enough to keep me in the arms of his everlasting, satisfying love forever. When will I stop doubting? What will it take me to believe?

Comments

Popular Posts