My Thoughts On Proverbs 3:5-6


Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all of your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."


Right now I am going through a season filled with peace. Peace has been surrounding me & enclosing me. For so long I didn't think about the future because it scared me to death & for so long I didn't trust the Lord in all of it. If I had to tell you the one lesson I learned in this 8-month long journey now it would be trust. I would tell you that not because I am a pro at trusting in the Lord, but rather because it is a word I have to repeat daily. When I got on a plane to fly to Guatemala 8 months ago I had really no idea what this word meant. I didn't trust God. I would have told you that I did, but in reality, I held my life in my hands. It was all an illusion and I see that now, but when I got here 8 months ago I had my whole life planned out. One step after the other. From day one my plans were torn down, my pride collapsed, and I was completely wrecked. There have been different seasons of learning different things in these past 8 months, but the resounding theme has been TRUST. More than ever before I can look at the future without fear and without worry. I can look at the future and know Who holds it, know Who's plan will prevail. I can hold any plans, desires, or hopes for the future with open hands, knowing that the Lord will direct. There are many desires that the Lord has placed on my heart and I don't know how they all fit together. I don't know what my life calling is, but I know that I can walk confidently and boldly in what He has placed in front of me today and tomorrow I can do the same. It really is simple. For the first time in my life I don't feel the need to figure it out, to fit the pieces of the puzzle together because I trust in the Lord, the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth. I trust that if He has brought me this far He will not fail me now. Praise God for the peace trust brings. 

And while I think I have learned it these last 8 months I know that someday I am going to look back and know that I still had so far to go, but it's daily. Everyday. I trust you God.

Application: I will pray for continued trust and in moments where that peace and trust in my heart is being torn apart I will run to my Jesus, my Savior, my FRIEND

Comments

Popular Posts